Welcome! I am thrilled to share my projects which I designed and have been shared by Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine and their post can be found HERE
The Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies from Stampin’ Up! are filled with lots of different stitched hearts, as well as my favourite, the scalloped stitched edge. This is perfect for creating projects with layers and cute edges!
For the set of projects I am sharing with you today I have focused on using the scalloped edge die alongside the Brights Designer Series Paper for a fun birthday celebration. This technique and projects would work with any combinations of patterned papers to really change up the look.
Here’s how I made these projects, first up is the card:
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock base to 21cm x 14.8cm – scored and folded to 10.5cm x 14.8cm. (or 8 ½” x 5 ½”- scored and folded to 4 ½” x 5 ½” ).
- Using the Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies I have cut the second largest from the set, in Whisper White Cardstock.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock (8cm x 11.5cm or 3 ¼” x 4 ½”) and the embossed using the Corrugated Dynamic Textured Embossing Folder to add texture.
- Tie around both piece of the ribbon around the centre piece before adding to the card. You will need approx. 55cm or 22” of both Gorgeous Grape ¼” (6.4mm) Mini Striped Ribbon and the Whisper White 1/8” Sheer Ribbon.
- I have then stamped my chosen sentiments from the Itty Bitty Birthday Stamp Set for all three projects at one time. These have been stamped in Versamark onto Basic Black Cardstock and embossing in White Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
- The next step is to create these cute hearts! Firstly, die cut out approximately 12 strips (1.5cm or ½” wide) of patterned paper using the scallop border die and layer these on to a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock. If you would like to have the ruffled look to your heart, make sure you are only using a thin line of glue along the top edge (away from the scallops). Once all your layers are in place, die cut out the stitched heart. You will want to create three of these, one for each of your coordinating projects.
- Add this heart to the front of your card using Stampin’ Dimensionals to really make this pop!
- Complete the card by adding your chosen sentiment and some Rhinestone Basic Jewels for some added sparkle.
The next project is the Mini Pizza Box:
- These Mini Pizza Boxes are perfect for a treat or some mini cards, they come ready to assemble and decorate, which is ideal when you are busy getting ready for a party!
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock to 8.5cm x 8.5cm and using the scalloped edge boarder on each edge to create the decorative square.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White to 8cm x 8cm and emboss with the Corrugated Dynamic textured Embossing Folder.
- Tie around the same ribbons and add your heart and sentiment.
The final project is the coordinating gift tag:
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock to 5cm (2”) x 13.5cm (5”) and use the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch to create a quick and easy tag.
- Add a layer of Whisper White Cardstock (11.5cm x 4.8cm or 4 1/2”x 1 7/8”) embossed with the Corrugated Dynamic textured Embossing Folder.
- Add your heart using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Hope you enjoyed today’s tutorial!
Be sure to check out the Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine website and their post, which can be found HERE because they have a great giveaway which you can enter!
I thought, I’d also have a little giveaway of my own – Would you like the chance to win these three projects?
All you have to do is leave me a little comment below – I would love to hear from you! You could let me know if you have a favourite Stampin’ Up! Colour? I’ll randomly pull out a name on Sunday 14th and announce it on my FB live at 2030GMT. You can be anywhere in the world..I will post to wherever the winner is from – Good Luck!
Emma Goddard, Stampin’ Up! Artisan Design Team