I am so excited to be sharing another blog post which has also been published by Stampin’ Up! over on their official Facebook Page – Did you know they regularly post additional blog posts over here in the notes section of their Facebook Page?
Today I am sharing with you some Christmas inspiration using the At Home with You Stamp Set (#143681) from the main catalogue. I love this is a stamp set as it can be used for different seasons and occasions getting even more value for money from your purchase.
My idea for this set of cards and home decor piece started with the Iridescent Boxwood Wreaths Embellishments (#147803).The white wreaths with the pretty pink and purple iridescent tones were the starting point for picking out coordinating blends. I have used Pool Party Stampin’ Blends (#144605),Bermuda Bay Light Stampin’ Blend (#144580), Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends (#147278), Highland Heather Stampin’ Blends (#147276) and Smoky Slate (#145058) to colour the door image.
The steps I have taken to create these cards are as follows:
- Stamp out the door image on to Whisper White Cardstock (#106549) in Memento Black Ink (#132708) and then coloured each with the blends.
- Once coloured, die cut out the image and keep to one side ready to go on to the card.
- The base of the card is a standard size card (half sheet of A4 or Letter) with the front layer cut from Whisper White measuring 10.2cm x 14.5cm or 4-1/4” x 5-1/2”
- Apply a thin layer of paste to this layer using the Pattern Party Decorative Masks (#144103) (Brick Pattern) to emboss the background. This has been created using theWhite Embossing Paste (#141979)and thePalette Knifes (#142808).
- Stamp three of the sentiments from the Christmas Traditions Punch Box (#148030) inSmoky Slate Classic Stampin’ Pad (#147113) and punch out using the Christmas Traditions Punch from this punch box set.
- Cut a piece of Silver Glimmer Paper (#146960)measuring 2cm x 6cm or 2-1/4” x 3/4” and add banner ends with theBanner Triple Punch (#138292)
- Layer the banner on to the front of the door usingStampin’ Dimensionals (#104430), add on the punched-out sentiment and complete with an Iridescent Boxwood Wreaths. My top tip is to adhere these with Mini Glue Dots (#103683)
- Add the complete door on to the front of the card once the embossing paste is completely dry.
I was having too much fun colouring these doors so couldn’t stop at a set of cards, I decided to make a home décor piece to coordinate too.
To create this home décor piece, you need to firstly cut yourself a piece of Thick Whisper White Cardstock (#140490)measuring7” x 7”. The frame is from a local craft store and measures 8” x 8”.
The next steps are as follows:
- Emboss the background with the Pattern Party Decorative Masks (#144103) (Brick Pattern) to using theWhite Embossing Paste (#141979) and thePalette Knifes (#142808). Allow time for this to dry (approx. 3-5mins)
- Stamp and colour three more doors as above. This time I have also die cut out the windows as they are not covered up by the sentiments.
- Attach the Iridescent Boxwood Wreaths Embellishments (#147803) using Mini Glue Dots
- Die cut a selection of snowflakes from the Blizzard Thinlits Die (#147902) with the Sparkle Glimmer Paper (#146957)and adhere to the background, also with Mini Glue Dots.
- Stamp and punch out your chosen sentiment from the Christmas Traditions Punch Box (#148030) in Smoky Slate Classic Stampin’ Pad (#147113) on Whisper White.
- Add some Clear Rhinestones (#144220)for some extra sparkle.
- Add a sprinkle of faux snow (from my local garden centre) into the frame before assembling.
I hope you have fun with your blends and are feeling inspired to create projects with non-traditional Christmas colours. Have fun!