Welcome to today’s blog post where I am hopping with some of my lovely friends from the Artisan team. We have decided to get together to share with you some sneak peeks from the upcoming catalogue which will be available to order from in June. This hop will be a real mix of sharing what we may have made for either On Stage Display Boards, On Stage Stamping and Pre-Order Sneak Peeks, I know you are going to be in for a treat and I can’t wait to hop around myself and see what everyone it sharing!
I am sharing my makes from On Stage at Telford (UK) where I had the amazing opportunity to stamp and share a new set and coordinating dies with all the demonstrators who attended this event. Fortunately I was up first so I could then relax for the rest of the day and enjoy everyone else presentations and the catalogue! WOW so many lovely lovely things coming out in the new Catalogue! (Live from 1st June)
The Stamp Set I was asked to share is called Lilly Pad Lake which is the perfect fit with my blog theme and where I live by the coast, so I was excited to see lovely boats in this set!
This first card is a super simple colours and layout, Whisper White, Night of Navy and a touch of Gold.
- Stamp the waves 3 times down the card in Night of Navy
- Add the Whisper White Twine and tie into a bow.
- Cut two banners (one in Night of Navy and one in Whisper White), cut the Navy banner in half to pop this out from either side for a shadow
- Emboss your boats in gold (die cut out) and colour with Night of Navy and the Aqua Painter.
- Add onto the card with mini dimentionals
- The sentiment is part of a larger saying – I have cut the stamp apart (**GASP**) to make this sentiment ‘Thinking of you’ easier to use. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t go chopping up my stamps all the time, but if it means I will get more use from it then I think it is worth it. I will use the full sentiment, (and the cut piece will happily slot back together on a block to use a complete stamp) but not as often as I will use the ‘Thinking of you’ so this saves me masking each time.
Next up I showed how you can make use of your dies with the adhesive sheets. I stick a piece of Pool Party cardstock onto the Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets, ran that piece through the big shot with the lovely wavy die. I peeled of the back and was able to very easily slot the stitched shape framelit behind the waves and stick down in one go! I then trimmed off the excess – this was not the sample I cut whilst on stage – I can assure you my cutting was not that straight with shaking hands LOL
I then have layered up the other dies cut elements of the Lily Pad (coloured in Granny Apple Green and Melon Mambo) with the grass (also in Granny Apple Green) and the Heron. I’m not sure it is clear from this photo? But all the imaged have been stamped on to Shimmery White Cardstock as this was was perfect for colouring with the ink pads and aqua painter – plus it adds a little sparkle!
For my final card I have stamped the waves in three different colours (Tangerine Tango / Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and Night of Navy) on to Watercolour Card stock and spritzed with water. Once dry I have layers think on to a piece of Basic Black. I have then again used the wavy die to create the long grass, and added the die cut of the heron and grass in basic black for a bold shadow.
This set will combine so well with lots of other previous and current sets such as High Tide (this is where these birds are from) and Waterfront.
Finally for last project I used the die on its own – I love this die! I cut out piece of Granny Apple Green, Melon Mambo and Smokey Slate in 4″ x 6″ (Six out of one 12″x12″ page) or 10.5cm x 14.9cm (Four out of one A4 page).
I scored them first down the length of the piece of paper, I then die cut them 3 times each, and rolled them up into a tube. squish them gentle on the fold and ta-da you have a lantern! I bought some battery lights and attached them to a string of lights which would be perfect for some party decor or craft room decor?
Thank you so much for stopping by and to everyone who was at Telford thank you for all your lovely comments and support on the day – mmmwa!
I am now sending you on over to my lovely friend Sarah in France – I know she will have some beautiful projects for you – enjoy!