Happy Monday! Today I am going to show you how to create a card using ‘A Touch of Ink’ Stamp Set. This is a set you can add into your shopping basket for FREE with a £90 spend, until the end of Feb.
A NEW colour challenge has been posted on the Global Design Project Blog. Challenges are such a great place to start with a spark of colour, theme or layout to get you started. We’d love you to share your creation too! You can do this by using the hashtag #GDP277 or share a link to your card on the Global Design Project Blog.
Creating the Background
I firstly added the water to the watercolour cardstock and dropped in some Blushing Bride Ink using a water painter, whilst still wet, I then added some of the Rococo Rose Ink. I lifted some of the extra ink and water with a shammy which has lessened the intensity of the ink.
Once dry I have added some Rococo Rose splatters using the full strength ink.
Stamping the flowers & leaves
I have stamped out the flowers x2 and the leaves x3 on to Basic White cardstock with Staz-On Ink. I have used the stamps in set to colour each of the images with the coordinating ink colours.
I have then used the water brush to add Champagne Ink over the top of the leaves, for a touch of sparkle!
All of the flowers and leaves have then been cut out with the paper-snips, ready to be layered on to the card front.
Assembling the card
The next step was cut and glue the layers together and tie around the linen thread into a bow.
- Sahara Sand (13.8cm x 8.6cm or US 5 7/16″ x 3 3/8″)
- Watercolour cardstock (13.5cm x 8.3cm or US 5 5/16″ X 3 2/8″).
I then added my chosen sentiment “Hello Friend” also stamped in Staz-On Ink. Once this was in place, I added the panel onto the card front with dimensionals.
All of the leaves and flowers were then added. The flowers have been cut apart and added in smaller pieces with dimensionals.
Make sure to check out the Global Design Project Blog to see all of the Design Teams projects for even more inspiration!
We would love you to join in with this challenge! If you make a card or project you would like to share inspired by this theme then you can enter you link over on the Global Design Project Blog.
Looking for more ideas..
You can look back at all my previous Global Design Project cards HERE for even more inspiration
- Shop with Emma Online – Don’t forget to use the code for order from £25 to £150
- Clearance Rack – Save up to 70% “whilst supplies last”
- Shop Online with Emma
- Purchase a Starter Kit: If you have a long wish list, then I would highly recommend taking a look at what the starter kit can offer you. £130 of products for only £99
You’ll also get …
- FREE postage
- 20% discount off all of your purchases whilst you remain active
- Business resources like catalogues, brochures, order forms, and postcards.
- To be a part of our amazing community of crafters.
- To enjoy sharing simple and fun crafting experiences with others
- Early access to products
- Exclusive access to training events.
I’d love you to join our team! Join >> www.coastalcrafter.com/join
Online Shopper Code – Thank you
If you live in the UK, I would love you to choose me as your demonstrator. If you would like to purchase products used, then you can click on the Shop Now button or by clicking on any of the images below.
Alternatively you can also contact me by email. Please be sure to use the monthly code and I’ll send a little something out to you the following month to say Thank You!