Hello, the Global Design Project have a new two-week sketch challenge to inspire you have the festive season. For my card I have used the Beautiful Thistle Bundle, which will be available to purchase when the new Mini Catalogue goes live on the 5th Jan.
A sketch is such a great jumping off point when you need a little inspiration with any stamp set or colours you may have on your desk.
Creating the background
- Stamp the main Thistle image randomly over the Basic White background
- Use a Blending Brush to add some Night of Navy Ink around the edges
- Splatter some Night of Navy Ink from the Dark Stampin’ Blend pen
- Add this layer to your card with some multipurpose glue
Adding the featured image
- Cut the largest square from the Stylish Shape Dies
- Stamp the Thistle image in Night of Navy Ink
- Colour the Evening Evergreen Ribbon with light Night of Navy Blends to create a Tartan look to this ribbon
- Add a loop of this ribbon to the back of the square die cut
- Tie around some linen thread into a bow
- Add this panel to the front of the card, using Dimensionals for depth
Completing the card
- Stamp out your chosen sentiments in Versamark and Heat Emboss in White. My sentiment is from a new Stamp Set called Sentimental Park (available 5th Jan 2023)
- Cut out and add to your card front
- Complete the card with some Enamel Dots (also, available 5th Jan 2023)
Be sure to check out the Global Design Project Blog to see all of the Design Teams projects for even more inspiration.
We would love you to join in with this challenge! Check out the Global Design Project Blog for projects and details on how to play along with us, be sure to tag the Global Design Project and use the hashtag #GDP374 so we can see your work!
- Shop with Emma Online – Don’t forget to use the code for order from £25 to £150
- Clearance Rack – Save up to 70% “whilst supplies last”
- Shop Online with Emma
- Purchase a Starter Kit: If you have a long wish list, then I would highly recommend taking a look at what the starter kit can offer you. £170 of products for only £99
You’ll also get …
- FREE postage
- 20% discount off all of your purchases whilst you remain active
- Business resources like catalogues, brochures, order forms, and postcards.
- To be a part of our amazing community of crafters.
- To enjoy sharing simple and fun crafting experiences with others
- Early access to products
- Exclusive access to training events.
I’d love you to join our team! Join >> www.coastalcrafter.com/join
Online Shopper Code – Thank you
If you live in the UK, I would love you to choose me as your demonstrator. If you would like to purchase products used, then you can click on the Shop Now button or by clicking on any of the images below. Please note, if you are reading an older blog post them some product may have retired. (Why not check out my Pre-Loved Items to see if they are in my shop)
Alternatively you can also contact me by email. Please be sure to use the monthly code and I’ll send a little something out to you the following month to say Thank You!