Welcome to another Inspire.Create Challenge. This week the design team are sharing cards using the theme ‘Masculine’ be sure to check out all the inspiration over on the Inspire.Create Blog HERE.
Are you up for the challenge? Why not join in too and be in with a chance at being selected as the winner!
My thoughts immediately turn to the gorgeous Wood Textures Designer Series Papers (DSP) for a masculine card, so this is where my design started. I also have recently been playing with the Waterfront Stamp Set, which was already on my desk and perfect for so many occasions but teams up perfectly with the Wood DSP.
The background layer is simply a layer of the Wood DSP, I have then added some strips of Burlap Ribbon, Gold Mini Sequin Trim and a scrap of Early Espresso cardstock, all adhered to the card with the Tear and Tape Adhesive.
The layers are as follows:
- 6cm x 14.5cm strip of Early Espresso Cardstock
- Scallop edge of cardstock tucked behind this layer, this was created using the Decorative Boarder Punch.
- Whisper white 5.5cm x 14.5cm. This has been stamped before adding to the layers
- Wrapped around with Linen Thread with the additions of some Star Elements, which I think are the perfect addition to a Masculine card.
- Finished with the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Big on Birthday Stamp Set
The ink colours for stamping are as follows:
Step by Step for stamping this image:
- Stamped the water image in Tranquil Tide once
- Added the splashes also in Tranquil Tide
- Then stamped the mountains in Soft Suede. Stamp these 2 or 3 times to add height and layers
- Add the trees in Garden Green
- Stamp the trees upside down to create the reflections, but to make these lighter, stamp off onto scrap paper first before adding to your card.
- To finish added the sun in Crushed Curry
Thanks for stopping by, back soon.