Hello! and Happy Easter to you all.
My projects today are focusing on the You’re Inspiring Stamp Set which contains these beautiful Daffodils. Daffodils are one of my favourite flowers and whether they are outside or in a vase in my kitchen, I just love that they are just so bright and cheerful.
I have teamed up this stamp set with the Beautiful Bouquet Stamp Set, and the Mini Embroidery Hoops to create some bright backgrounds using the Sponge Brayers (#141714). I really love the effect you can achieve with the Sponge Brayers by building up the colour.
As I created the first card, I then couldn’t stop. I wanted to try out a selection of colour combinations, which means that I have a set of 3 to share with you.
These are the steps I have taken to create these cards are as follows:
- I rubbed the Embossing Buddy (#103083) over Whisper White Cardstock (#106549), and then randomly stamp the larger image of the Daffodils using Versamark (#102283) to create the background pattern.
- Added the gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder (#109129), and then heated the powder with the Heat Tool (UK plug #129054, EU plug #129055)
- Using the sponge brayer/s I have created the Ombre look on the background by using combinations of the following ink, (specific colour combinations have also been listed under each card) Calypso Coral Classic Stampin’ Pad (#126983), Crushed Curry Classic Stampin’ Pad (#131173), Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin’ Pad (#126944), Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pad (#126953) and Lemon Lime Twist Classic Stampin’ Pad (#144086). You will need to add the lighter colour first and then add the darker colour to only to one edge of the background.
- Added a strip of gold Glimmer Paper (#133719) and a layer of Mini Sequin Trim (#144128) to each background adhered with the Tear and Tape Adhesive (#138995)
- All the cards have a ruffle of coordinating ribbon, and I have listed each of the ribbons under the individual photos. The ribbons have all been cut to approximately double the width of the card and then had been ruffled back down onto Tear and Tape Adhesive and some Mini Glue Dots (#103683) tucked under the ruffles for extra hold.
- All the sentiments are from the Beautiful Bouquet Stamp Set (#143666), I love that go so perfectly with this set. They have been stamped in Archival Stampin’ Ink (#140931) onto whisper white cardstock and punched out using the 1-3/4” (4.4cm) Circle
- Next, I have added a bow with the Linen Thread (#104199) on to the largest size from the Mini Embroidery Hoops (#146243), this then fits perfectly over the circle sentiment. I have stuck this on with very small dots of Multipurpose Liquid Glue (#110755)
- To finish off, I have also embossed some of the smaller daffodils and the leaves from the larger stamp in gold, coloured with the Blender Pens (#102845) using Crush Curry, Calypso Coral and Old Olive Inks. Once coloured I have cut these out to add to the side of the mini hoops with the mini glue dots.
The background colours for this card are Calypso Coral and Crushed Curry and the ribbon is the Peekaboo Peach Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon (#144192).
The background colours for this card are Lemon Lime Twist and Old Olive and the ribbon is the Lemon Lime Twist ¼” (6.4mm) Ombre Ribbon (#144234)
The background colours for this card are Daffodil Delight and Crushed Curry and the ribbon used is the Crushed Curry 3/8” (1cm) Stitched Satin Ribbon