Welcome back to another Inspire.Create Challenge for the next fortnight we are challenging you to create and share your cards inspired by the theme ‘Love’. If you would like to take part, you can share your card or project over the the Inspire.Create Challenge blog HERE
The first product I reach for when designing this card was the Painted Love Vinyl Sticker, I love the Eastern Gold Vinyl Stickers so I knew I HAD to have these when I noticed them in the Spring/Summer Catalogue. I have then paired this up with the really fun Bird Banter set.
these are a number of elements to this card, here is my list of how to:
- The watercolour background has been created with a wash of water (using the aqua painter) and then added a touch of Night of Navy, Bermuda Bay, Lemon Lime Twist and Daffodil Delight. I have been very careful not to swoosh the colours together too much other wise they just get muddy! or dark blue?! which wasn’t the look I was wanting.
- Once dry I added 3 of the vinyl stickers I love the gold brush stokes in this set is allows you to achieve a similar look to the Painted with Love DSP, but with ANY colours.
- Cut the stitched framelit and added a circle sticker.
- I have added the Dapper Denim Twine behind the Stitched framelit first and then added this on with Dimensionals
- The Whisper White Organza ribbon has been coloured with the blends – Dark Navy, Light Navy, Dark Bermuda Bay, Light Bermuda Bay, Dark Pool Party, Light Old Olive into Dark Daffodil Delight to achieve a coordinating and super fun coloured ribbon to match the background!
- I then added a Dapper Denim Twine and the Ribbon Bow with glue dots to the top of the circle.
- Of course a touch of sparkles from the Tutti Fruity Sequins and a few rhinestones (coloured with Night of Navy)
- The Be Mine heart is from the Sure Do Love You Set, embossed in gold, but if you didn’t have this there are a LOT of hearts on the Vinyl sheets :)
- A last but not least those cute Budgies! I stamped in archival on watercolour and and watercolored in Night of Navy (very light touch), Lemon Lime Twist, and a touch of Bermuda Bay and Daffodil Delight
- The heart and the Budgies have been added with mini Dimensionals.
I had to have a blue coloured budgie as this looks so like my first pet, and of course myself and my brother were only little when naming so the Budgie, so his name was only ever going to begin with letter B ;) His name was Bert and it was such a well natured budgie! but also possibly one of the most well travelled domestic Budgies! We moved house a number of times whilst we had him (for nearly 10years!) and he of course moved with us for all the house moves traveling in style in his cage in the back of the car!
This set also contain a number of other fun birds and great sentiments such as “Just a little Toucan of my appreciation” and “A little birdie told me it was your birthday” so great for a number of different occasions.
Thank for stopping by today!