Hello & Happy Thursday!
The opportunity to be a part of the Artisan team is such an amazing experience! but the number 1 ‘best bit’ is all the truly wonderful friends around the world I have made. I am so thankful for each and every one of their friendships. We have all stayed in touch and following on from last year we decided we should have some fun with a reunion hop :)
So, today is the day…. and this is blog hop with some of my Artisan Friends from the 2018 team – enjoy!
The card I have created is used the floating frame technique which seems to be popular right now. I was inspired by the very talented Jennifer Maguire and wanted to give this technique a go myself.
Steps to create this card:
- Step 1 – Stamp out (in Staz-On) x4 of the image onto watercolour paper.
- Step 2 – Colour with an aqua painter using Granny Apple Green, Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie ink
- Step 3 – Once dry, cut out using the dies through the big shot
- Step 4 – layer these, face up over the front of a piece of Whisper White
- Step 5- cover with Glad Press & Seal (available online)
- Step 6 – die cut out the centre section – I have used the rectangle die
- Step 7 – peel away the frame from the paper (keeping the press and seal on the front)
- Step 8 – lay face down & add on dimensionals to every piece of cardstock – you will need quite a few
- Step 9 – peel of the dimensional backs and place on to your card front
- Step 10 – gently peel of the Glad Press and Seal
You can use the centre piece to create a second card so you will get even more value for money from this technique
This technique would work with almost any stamp set and you could really get so may different looks to this same layout by simply changing up the colours or set you are using.
Please make sure you hop on around to see what everyone has been making…I can’t wait to get back in from work and grab a cuppa and hop around myself!
Click on the NEXT button to hop on over to the fabulous Kim McGillis – Enjoy :)