I loved CASE-ing the very talented Charlet, especially because it meant playing with some watercolour backgrounds. I created four different background on my weekly live and then decided to use the Pretty Peacock and Copper Clay combo for the card I made.
As I was making this live, a number of people watching commented on the background looking like caves or has seaside feel to it, so I decided to use the new Beauty of the Deep Bundle to create my CASE.
I was playing around with a mix of background colours before I chose to use the background for my card. These will make it into cards at some point, but wanted to share with you these pretty backgrounds and the mix of colours. From left to right the colours are:
- Moody Mauve & Bubble Bath
- Berry Burst & Lemon Lime Twist
- Lemon Lime Twist and Tahitian Tide
I decided to use the background which was created with Cooper Clay, Pecan Pie and Pretty Peacock. I painted a rough rectangle with water and then added on the ink to the area where I had added water.
To see all the background being created you can watch here over on YouTube
I kept with the colours from the background for the card using Cooper Embossing and Pretty Peacock Ink. I firstly stamp the seaweed in versamark and heat embossed with Cooper.
The next step was to add the images and sentiment. The coral and seaweed have been stamped in Pretty Peacock and the Anchor has also been heat embossed in Copper. Each of the elements coordinates with a die, so this made cutting them out really fast.
I did consider stamping the sentiment in Cooper, but I thought it might not stand out enough from the darker cardstock, so I opted for white heat embossing instead.
To complete the card I have added some Silver Threaded Twine and added all of the elements over the top of this with dimensionals.
Be sure to check out the Global Design Project Blog to see all of the Design Teams projects for even more inspiration.
We would love you to join in with this challenge! Check out the Global Design Project Blog for projects and details on how to play along with us, be sure to tag the Global Design Project and use the hashtag #GDP391 so we can see your work!
- Shop with Emma Online – Don’t forget to use the code for order from £25 to £150
- Clearance Rack – Save up to 70% “whilst supplies last”
- Shop Online with Emma
- Purchase a Starter Kit: If you have a long wish list, then I would highly recommend taking a look at what the starter kit can offer you. £130 of products for only £99
You’ll also get …
- FREE postage
- 20% discount off all of your purchases whilst you remain active
- Business resources like catalogues, brochures, order forms, and postcards.
- To be a part of our amazing community of crafters.
- To enjoy sharing simple and fun crafting experiences with others
- Early access to products
- Exclusive access to training events.
I’d love you to join our team! Join >> www.coastalcrafter.com/join
Online Shopper Code – Thank you
If you live in the UK, I would love you to choose me as your demonstrator. If you would like to purchase products used, then you can click on the Shop Now button or by clicking on any of the images below.
Alternatively you can also contact me by email. Please be sure to use the monthly code and I’ll send a little something out to you the following month to say Thank You!